{vb:raw includedgeophp} I don't like (Hollywood or otherwise) movies with obnoxious little girls ... - WebSeth

Go Back   WebSeth > General > The Wall

Old 04-10-2012, 16:44   #1
kyaume

kyaume is a splendid one to beholdkyaume is a splendid one to beholdkyaume is a splendid one to beholdkyaume is a splendid one to beholdkyaume is a splendid one to beholdkyaume is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via Skype™ to kyaume
I don't like (Hollywood or otherwise) movies with obnoxious little girls ...

... making a nuisance of themselves. I really don't. I get the creeps of their whining little voices, these screeching noises they make extorting sympathy from their worn-down parents, or from naive and benign strangers.

Here is the latest one in this genre:

which I refuse. Sometimes the movie by itself is quite allright, just remove the little girl from it and all will be fine. The girl's role is usually to screw things up at the climax of the movie, the very moment salvation is due. Things would go quite dainty for everybody -- the parents, the lovers, Ripley in Aliens -- were it not for the little brat, equipped with her little-girl stubborness insisting on disappearing in the very last seconds before the nuclear bom explodes, or demanding just when the alien predators arrive that her pet pussy is rescued, or throwing a tantrum when people do not accept on face-value her self-pitying phantasies (imaginary friends and the like). And these little girls are always soooooo special, they need to be the centre of attention. Well, not of mine, thank you very much. A good portion of telling-off is what these creatures deserve; the cold-turkey treatment.

I am clearly not the only one who has difficulty with this genre; here is a compilation:
http://screenrant.com/creepy-little-...c-74638/all/1/

The only notable exception I make, is the movie Cria Cuervos by Carlos Saura. Maybe because in that movie perversely the roles between the children and the adults are reversed.

Last edited by kyaume; 04-10-2012 at 16:55.
kyaume is offline   Reply With Quote